Sunday, February 17th 2019
Ballet Hartford’s season is August through May including main stage performances in Hartford, throughout the northeast and across the country. Ballet Hartford also engages in outreach events to serve our community.
Audition Date and Information
Ballet Hartford, under the direction of Elizabeth McMillan, is looking for male and female dancers with strong classical technique for the 2019-2020 season. Pre-registration for the open audition is required. The deadline for pre-registration is Sunday, February 10th 2018. Dancers should submit completed application form (available below), a résumé/CV, current headshot and two (2) dance photos (photo requirements below) Ladies must bring pointe shoes and wear them for the center portion of the audition class. Dancers should bring both a classical variation and a contemporary solo (females en pointe) of their choice to present.
Ballet Hartford Audition
Sunday, February 17th 2019
224 Farmington Ave
2:00-3:30pm Ballet technique class
3:30-4:30pm Ballet Hartford Rep
4:30-5:30pm Classical Variations/Contemporary Solos
5:30-6:30pm Interview with Artistic Director, Elizabeth McMillan
Pre-registration deadline: Sunday, February 10th 2018
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with inquiries.
Application & requirements
Please ensure that all of the items listed below are included in your submitted application:
Pre-registration deadline: Sunday, February 10th 2018.
- Completed Audition Application Form
2. Two full body dance photos
- Profile 1st arabesque (females en pointe). No costumes or skirts, please. Females should wear leotard and tights and Males should wear black tights and form fitting t-shirt
Contemporary dance photo
3. Current Headshot
4. Résumé /CV
Email completed application form and all required audition materials to: email@example.com
Individual Company class auditions are by invitation only. Although we prefer that dancers attend our open audition, individuals interested in being considered for a company class audition may submit the following materials: Deadline for Company class audition requests is May 11th 2019.
- Résumé /CV
- Completed Application Form
- Current headshot and 2 full body dance photos
- Video link (Vimeo or YouTube only) to audition reel. Reel must include at least one classical variations and one contemporary solo (females en pointe)
Please send materials by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants must be 18 years of age and have completed High School by September 1st of the year they will enter the company.
- Applicants must submit a completed Application packet and audition fee.
Ballet Hartford reserves the right to adjust and amend all aforementioned rules and requirements, at its discretion, in circumstances it deems unique or extraordinary